Monday, February 6, 2012

Guild Classes

It took me a long time to join a quilt guild, and I wish I had not wasted to much time!  I'm a Sinnissippi Quilt guild member, and I love it.  I've met wonderful women (and a couple of great quilt-minded men) and learned so much, and been so inspired by them all. 

And the CLASSES!  I had no idea I'd have the opportunity to take classes from some of the best quilters in the country through my guild!  If you ever get a chance to take a class from Beth Ferrier, DO IT!  She's very funny, and teaches a great class.  Her applique techniques are terrific.  And getting to spend time listening to Millie Sorrells was a joy, what an amazing, talented woman she is.

So what have I learned that is most important to me?  Well, I don't have to be perfect, I don't have to be a competition quilter, and my quilting is about my joy in the process.  I talked to a lady last week who said she's learned that quilts don't have to be "bed sized", they can be wall hangings or 12" squares on a table.  I don't think I've gotten there yet, I still want my quilts to be USED, and loved and snuggled up in.

So, here's my latest - blue and yellow ribbons of color, woven together with a little applique thrown in for fun (I haven't named it yet) :


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.