Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's Indian Summer . . .

Don't you just love Indian Summer Days?  I do.  It's my favorite time of year.  The yard is gorgeous, the leaves will be turning soon, and the days are warm with a slight nip in the evenings.  Perfect quillting weather! 

 I finished Nate's Flannel Quilt (Nate's Warm Stars) at last, so now I can start making two quilts for my brother Mike and his daughter Sarah for Christmas.  I think I can get them both done on time - I have to!  Then, I have to start on Charlie's quilt, which he wants to be a "Super Nova" - which is an exploding star - and a really difficult pattern, which totally intimidates me.  But everyone I've made a quilt for so far has been very happy with it, so, I WILL DO IT!  He graduates high school in the spring, and it MUST be done by then, he's expecting it, and keeps asking "When are you gonna start my quilt Mom?"  So many quilts...so little time!
Here's Nate's Warm Stars Quilt.  It looks like Autumn, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.