Saturday, August 21, 2010

Before it got out of hand...

Okay, I'm sure I'm not the first or the last obsessed quilter who allowed her house to get really messy and unorganized, because I'd rather be quilting than cleaning.  But, it got to where I couldn't concentrate on my quilting because everytime I went to quilt, I'd pass this mess or that pile of stuff, and I'd feel really guilty.

So, today, I went on a cleaning frenzy - you know, the really in depth, scrubbing, organizing, dusting, waxing, sweeping, mopping, vacuming, every room from the ceilings to the floors and baseboards kind of frenzy.  My kids thought I'd lost it.  But I was determined to bring that "quiet calm" to my entire house, not just my quilting room.

And I SUCCEEDED!  It took me 8 1/2 hours! (I have a really big, old historic home, and I gave up my cleaning lady about a month ago as a cost saving measure.  It had gotten pretty messy - not dirty, which I cannot abide, just super cluttered, and unorganized.)  Now everything is in it's proper place, and my kids have been threatened to within an inch of their lives that they have to help me KEEP IT CLEAN!

The best part of the day?  After we just finished dinner, my youngest son said, "Mom, the house looks really nice!"  It was worth every minute! 

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, and the boys and I are taking him to the Renaissance Fair in Bristol, WI for the day.  It's something we used to do every year when the boys were younger, but haven't been in several years.  It was their idea. 

I guess I'll quilt tomorrow night.  I've earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.